Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Saying Good-Bye



Dear Congregation Beth Sholom, 

It is bittersweet to write this last “article” to you. I am leaving JCS (formerly JFS) at the end of October and will no longer be with the Kesher program. This is not an easy decision to make, but is the right one for myself and family at this time. JFS has been a wonderful place to work and grow as a social worker. I am very grateful for my time there.

I want you to know that it has been such an honor to be with you at CBS over the past 5 years. Your warmth and openness with each other has been an inspiration to witness. Your commitment to your congregation and wider community are palpable. That you have extended that same welcome to me has been so meaningful. It has made my time a pleasure and a joy. 

I also want to thank you for allowing me to be a part of so many of your lives. You allowed me to walk beside you in joyful and difficult times, through galas and crises. It is not easy to ask for a listening ear, for resources, or help- it takes a great deal of strength to do so. I will think of each of you as I move on and will be sending my warmest wishes along the way. 

A new Kesher social worker will join you in the near future. Whomever it is will be lucky to be entering such a community. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out to me for anything you need through October. As of November, you can contact JC Roussel, Director of Clinical and Community Services at 401-331-1244 for any questions or concerns. 

Warmly,
Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment